Lucky for me, I have a handy friend that's helped me out with a few repairs.
I was scanning Craigslist for weeks. Not just the local Craigslist, but several in other states. Turns out the trailer I ended up forking over $500 for was a block away from where I've been hanging out the past couple weeks.
So, the before:
Before the paint, we popped it open and patched up a few small holes in the canvas. The canvas needs to be replaced, but that might come later, depending how long I keep this thing.
Much better. Now we can move on to the more important bit - a functional door.
|FIXING THE DOOR|
The doorway is warped, so we cut some wood into a wedge to fit and make the door meet the side of the trailer, then added some small pieces of wood to make it latch and stay shut. Came out awesome.
Stove, pump sink, double sized bed... going to re-cover the cushions - once I find some fabric and beg my SIL to sew them for me :)
Its not exactly beautiful, but I'm hoping it will work. I move on to Utah as soon as we can get the tail lights functioning properly again - the wires got jostled when my friend took them off as we painted, otherwise I'd be on the road right now!